Sunday 9 May 2010

Contact at last!

I can only apologise for such delays in communication.  Since our return to Wales at the end of December there have been so many things that have needed my attention - there simply has not been enough hours in the day.  January was a time for family following the death of my former husband who remained a close friend.  5 weeks in February/March were taken up with my working for my former employer as part of my 5 year career break conditions which ended in April.  I give thanks that this part of my life is now behind me and I can concentrate fully on what the Lord has "called" me to do here and in Romania.

Something I have not shared is that in November a central heating pipe fractured in the kitchen of my former home in Sennybridge, which has been let since May 2005.  There was no negligence on my part and  we responded very quickly in cleaning up the spillage, however the kerosene penetrated into the foundation of the house and affected the neighbouring property.  After 5 months of working closely with many agencies plus2 insurance companies and contractors there is still much to be resolved.  As owner of the property where the spillage occurred I am responsible for ensuring that the whole matter is bought to a satisfatory conclusion.  This serious problem is extremely time consuming and has meant that I have been unable to devote as much time to other matters as I would like.  At present it is also preventing me from booking my next trip to Romania.  It is likely to go on for many months yet - I am dealing with the issues one day at a time and would appreciate your prayers.

Wayne has been extremely busy for around 6 months finishing off structural work at a house his parents own in the Rhondda valley.  I somehow managed to find time to help  with the decoration prior to it being put up for sale.

We have continued with our church ministry work and have managed to do our fortnightly table top sales at Glynneath Town Hall to raise funds.  My good friend Kay has also helped me get started on sorting items ready for the Shoebox Appeal this year.  I have also been out shopping for additional items.  Join with me in giving thanks to our good friend, Sheila who to date has beautifully covered  over 400 boxes ready for filling.  She is such a blessing to us.

No comments: