Thursday 16 April 2015

Widows Mite Update

Christine and Cati outside Vinga Church
During my visit I experienced some problems with my one camera so I used Christine's for my complete day out with Vlad visiting the widows in the village of Comlosul Mare in the Judet of Timisoara.   Unfortunately I forgot to copy the pictures onto a nemory stick before I left so I have limited photos to attach to this blog - hopefully more later..  Vlad & I   were accompanied for the day by Grant from Bicester in Oxfordshire who sponsors a child in Maranatha and also the Widows Mite project.    It was a blessing to finally meet up with him and we are so grateful for his financial help for the projects.   He spent a week in Romania visiting the various ministries and plans to come back.
We were able to give donations to the widows who have no pension and also to financially assist another 2 with prescriptions.  Dear Ana's ceiling in her only room had fallen down and we were able to supply funds for replacement plaster boards.

Roza's health has deteriorated and at the time of our visit she had not been able to eat for several days.  Our prime concern is to keep her pain free, warm and with sufficient food.  Pastor Jackie is doing her laundry.  The rest is in God's hands.  I chose not to take any photographs.  Her sister Cati has also had a stroke and her medication needs are being supplied .  Funds are available to help with both  their electricity bills.

We were overjoyed to make a short visit to widow Rozalia with Adina.  Her sanitary needs are kindly met by our good friend Alan Penrose of Support for Romania in Cardiff.    He also donated a chair commode and wheelchair for a valued disabled  Romanian friend who lives in Merthyr but who needs this equipment on a planned visit to his family in Timisoara.

On my return I will be looking at raising funds for winter wood for our dear widows and widowers - also for slippers for Christmas.

No comments: