Friday 16 October 2009

Cakes and more cakes!!

It's been a busy week, as well as Church ministries which we love, my food mixer was in use for several days and parts of 2 nights!The Manager of our local sheltered housing complex invited me to make a supply of cakes for sale at their coffee morning yesterday. First the shopping for extra ingredients, then out came the cook books, mixers, various sized tins, greaseproof paper, rolling pin and board, cling film, labels and large plastic containers! However the whole operation moved to my Mum's small kitchen for one day as I needed to take her for a hospital appointment. Thank you mum for the use of your electric cooker - I can control the temperature much easier than our home coal Rayburn!

I dropped the cakes off on my way to the Church "HeArt" ministry and on my return 72 pounds worth had been sold - a friend bought the remaining cakes and a total of 87 pounds was raised for the charity. Thank you to Pam, the Manager and all who purchased cakes, including our good friend, Sandra who seems to love my home baking. Please join us in prayer for Sandra who faces another knee replacement operation.

No comments: