Saturday 31 July 2010

The Miracle of my Mum

My apologies for not being in touch for so long but life has been hectic. Well it is 3.30 am and I am catching up at last on some entries about recent news events.

My last entry asked for prayer for my mum.  Sadly on 1st July she had a mild heart attack, fell in the kitchen, cut her head and broke her hip.  For several days prior to the operation she was poorly and in a great deal of pain.  She and I prayed together and rededicated our lives to Jesus.  The following day the consultant  explained to her and us as a family that it was unlikely that she would survive the operation and if her heart stopped beating during it she would not be resusitated.  Mum was completely at peace when she signed the consent form.  After 4 hours of waiting we were told she was back from theatre.  We could not believe it she was bright as a button and wanting a cup of horlicks - what strength and spirit for an 85 year old who is just over 7 stone.  She is making an excellent recovery and hopefully will be discharged next week.God obviously has more work for her to do yet and we give thanks.

No comments: