Friday 1 April 2011

Aid for people in need in Romania

Yesterday Wayne and I took 2 car loads of aid to Talbot Green in readiness for transportation to Romania next month.  It took me around 2 weeks to sort and pack it all (including some rice and pasta) kindly donated by the Headmistress of our local school.

We are so grateful to Alan and Ann Penrose who run the Charity "Support for Romania" and who transport our goods.  Sadly after 20 years on the road they are retiring but their Charity continues with monetary donations.  We are therefore having to make alternative arrangements for future transportation of our shoeboxes and aid but we give thanks that we currently have a contact who may be able to help.

I can but apologise for the lack of photos for the last few entries - as you know I carry my camera and everywhere.  Whilst at the Church a few weeks ago my charger lead went missing and I am still looking for it - please pray it will turn up.  It is a Japenese camera and I purchased it whilst living in Romania.    

No comments: