Wednesday 30 November 2011

My first full day - more shoe boxes!!!

After a hearty breakfast it was out into the cold checking exchange rates to change money, getting the best deal on a new Romanian simcard (because for the first time ever I left my old one in Wales!!) and going to a local market to buy some extra crafts for the ministries.  Then Adina and I drove the 5 miles to Pastor Jackie's village home for an update meeting on the projects and to finalise our programme for the trip. I was blessed to be reunited with Jackie and her family.  However, she is still not well following her recent time in hospital - please pray for her.  Friends, Peter and Christine also attended the meeting. Peter is also unwell and needs prayer for healing.  

More shoeboxes!
For those of you who don't know Adina.  She is the 25 year old daughter of my hosts and friends - Ioan and Maria Luca - a wonderfully warm and witty lady who shines for Jesus.  Adina speaks excellent English, is a qualified Social Worker and is on Pastor Jackie's staff at the Ministry - what as asset she is to God's work - always happy and so capable.  Then it was back into town to Peter and Christines's house to check all the shoe boxes that had kindly been donated by Hainford School in Norwich which were designated for the San Nicolau Mic Centre. Christine and Peter have strong links with the school who have committed themselves to supporting the Kids and Music Club.  Christine and I worked until 9 pm checking our stock of items before completing the boxes ready for distribution this Saturday. The date was brought forward because Christine has to return home on the 10th December.  There are further boxes to check and I am hoping to return there this morning.

Tasting bread in the new mall -
look at the size of the loaf!
Its hard to believe that here in Arad a new shopping Mall has been built which opened 3 weeks ago. Obviously this is from foreign investment and for me it looks out of place in this country.  There had been much publicity about promotions and sales there (something you rarely see in Romania) so we went along in search of a reasonably priced new camera for myself.  I am having a problem with mine - the pictures are not as sharp as they should be.   I had limited funds to spend and Peter kindly offered to sell me one of his second hand and I saved a huge amount of money!!!  Then we did a bit of grocery shopping before sitting in the foyer of the mall enjoying a mug of hot chocolate - I looked at my watch and it was midnight but there were hundreds of people in the stores mainly just looking at items for sale!!!  Today is a public holiday in Romania - its their National Day - all shops and schools are closed and the city will be full of celebrations and parades.

Hit the sack very late - too tired to blog - hence the early rising this morning.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  

No comments: