Tuesday 6 October 2015

Fund Raising

Thank you to David Knibb of Friends R Us in Aberdare for his September annual invitation for me to give a talk to members.  This year I decided on "A day in the Life of" presentation regarding our work around the projects in Romania.  There was much interest and questions.  This was followed by a sale of cakes -thanks to Elizabeth, Anne,  Emma and Mariana's mum for helping me with all the baking.  Wayne kindly assisted with the Cake & Teddy Bear competitions.

We made a total of £82.70 - the surplus cakes were sold at the "Almond Tree"  Ministry of Ramoth Church the following day - adding another £44 to the funds raised.  We appreciate everyone who supported us in any way.

On Saturday, 19th September with blue skies and glorious sunshine 4 of us (myself Wayne and our good friends, Jane and Jen) set out on our annual sponsored walk in the Hirwaun/Aberdare area.    Our route this year was from Hirwaun to Penderyn along the scenic route - up to Penderyn Church and the Foel Mountain and back.  I was looking at the mountain and saying "Lord I need you to put some strength in my legs"!!!!!  Well Praise God because we all made it and boy was it worth it - the views were magnificent.  After a packed lunch on the top we ambled back to Hirwaun.  To date over £400 has been raised with more money awaited.

No comments: