Thursday 22 October 2015

Journal for Friday 16th to Sunday 18th of October


Friday 16th October

Today we had another early start to a Coffee morning at Hirwaun Library from 10 am to 12pm, where we made handmade cards, and sold them so we can support our charity. We had a few beautiful ladies, Sheila, Claire and Sarah who helped with making the cards and a lot of others who supported the work by buying the cards!

After this meeting we went out for lunch of a big ham roll and afterwards returned to the house in Hirwuan. Tony and his wife Sandra popped in for a visit and I was able to get to know them more. From around 2:30 pm I went back to Hirwuan Library to meet with the Natty Knitters, and collect all the items they so kindly put together for Romania! I was fascinated by the way they were knitting and had them give me some knitting lessons–at the beginning I had 2 left hands but I soon got into the swing of it with my own design and realised just how much fin knitting is. Needless to say in the evening, after we had completed our many tasks for the day I ended up in knitting in the kitchen whilst having a chat with Irene. After updating some things on my computer the knitting bag came out again and I simply kept going – I believe I might start taking orders any time soon! 


Saturday 17th October,

Today we have a quiet morning doing work around the house. In the afternoon, around 3pm we took off to finalise the last details for Ema's 50th birthday party! 
The party took place at Pentrebach House, Merthyr Tydfil and was AMAZING – beautiful people and great food. Too bad we only have birthdays one a year! 



Sunday 18th October,
'This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!' Yes, this is the day set aside for God, and I see no better way of spending it than in His house, and His presence! In the morning I went at Elim Church in Brecon – beautiful worship and great word from God! In the evening I went to Park Baptist Church in Merthyr Tydfil. The beautiful hymns sang there made me feel like I was in one of the churches back home. Pastor Andy had an uplifting message, and spoke straight to my heart, and all I can say is that God used the Pastor to talk to me!

After church we had a great evening with Romanian dinner - polenta, fish, garlic sauce and much laughter at our home, with our friend Mike.

No comments: