Tuesday 17 November 2015

Journal for Monday 19th to Friday 23rd of October


Monday 19th October,
The week began with Irene and I travelling to Pontyclun Community Centre to meet with a beautiful group of elderly ladies who knit items for Romania. We did a presentation on the work of the Charity and saw how much joy these ladies have in putting together many knitted items for Romania. Asking God to richly bless each and every lady that we saw today! We again returned to Hirwaun to work on the shoe boxes and were there till late in the evening!

Tuesday 20th October,
This morning I was able to apply by telephone for a National Insurance Number, and got an appointment for interview this Saturday. Shortly after, I went to meet with Julie Price, Iasmina's sponsor and pick up some filled shoe boxes and other items she had prepared for us! Every day I am amazed at how many people God brings alongside us with support! After my time with Julie, I returned to the house to pick up Irene before leaving for Merthyr Tydfil. I took Ema (my Romanian friend) out for some driving lessons as she needs to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road! We did manage to make a small stop at Garwnant, a Forest Centre, with a beautiful park!
After transporting Ema to her work place, I drove back to Hirwuan and joined Irene in making more shoe boxes.

Wednesday 21th October,
Today I had a day off, and I was blessed to drive around
 in a lorry in the North part of Wales with a good friend of mine. I also got to visit Betws-y Coed - this is North's Wales most popular inland resort. It is where the river Conwy meets its three tributaries flowing from the west, the Llungwy, the Lledr and the Machano. The beauty of the area is enhanced by cascading waterfalls, hill-top lakes, river pools and ancient bridges. And not only have I had the chance to see more of God's beauties from Wales but also had the company of a great friend. I am blessed! 



Friday 23rd October,
Hirwaun Library morning - love the card making part and the ladies that join us! Later we met with Sharon Thomas from Santander Bank - she gave us a cheque for £ 700 and a lot of supplies for the shoe boxes. From here we drove to Asda where we meet with a gentlemen who gave us a bag of clothing items - bless his heart!



No comments: