Wednesday 18 November 2015

Journal for Monday 2nd to Wednesay 4th of November

Monday 2nd November 2015,

Today I drove Ema and Mihai to Cardiff, as Mihai had a morning hospital appointment for some check ups on his condition! I gotta say that today I was a bit down – and talking with my friends on the car about the weekend, it didn't helped me at all, but made things worse for me, and my heart was just heavy and hurting! However, I was praying hard, wanting to stay strong and not have anyone know what I was going through – BUT it didn't hurt less! 

After our return I drove Emma to work and picked up Julian (Mihai's brother) so he can help me out with Mihai. We did some shoppings for Mihai and Ema, and drove back their home. I helped to feed Mihai and then drove to Hirwaun to pick up some shoe boxes from Margaret, another lady that faithfully supports our work. But on my way back home I had to make a stop in a car park, for I needed to let my sorrow go and not bring it into the house! So thankful for the quiet time I had and for how God has strengthened me! Not just that, but this evening, just when I needed it most, I had a great uplift from one of my friends from here – What an AWESOME God I serve! I am amazed everyday by the love my God is showing my daily!



Tuesday 3rd November 2015,
Today I had a bit more of a flavour of the farming life in Wales. A good friend of mine called me early in the morning and asked me if I would like to Sennybridge livestock market. I went with him in the lorry, watched the entire process of loading/unloading cattle. We then came back to my home for lunch and around 10 am we went to the market to see the actual selling process – it was all so very new to me, but I did enjoy every minute of it!
Around noon we drove to Hirwaun, where Irene and I got started back on the shoe box operation. We arrived home around 5 pm and to end the day, in the same way I started I went with my friend to collect sheep! Just one more experience of rural Welsh life!

Wednesday 4th November 2015,
Today was a full day of shoe box operation in Hirwaun – early morning until late evening – getting back just in time to make it to church for Bible Study. I also had a small get away when I drove around to collect items from a few ladies that support our charity.
I did have a brief stop with Conni (Irene’s mum), and from there I went to church for a meal and Bible Study to follow! 




No comments: