Wednesday 18 November 2015

Journal for Thursday 5th to Saturday 7th of November

Thursday 5th November 2015,
Today it was a very busy day! We had many meetings to attend and speak at in the Neath valley – a distance away. We left the house early in the morning as we drove Wayne to his parents, and we also got to spend a little time with them. Our first stop was at Elim church in Port Talbot where we met with Denise Jones and also Liz, and a lovely crowd of people at their weekly coffee morning! From here we went to see Pastor Pat at the deaf church she is running. 
The ladies group were making hand made cards and I had a real joy joining them in their activities! They support our charity in many ways eg. knitting, shoe boxes and many other much needed items - we are so grateful for their love and help.  

Last stop was Sardis Baptist church in Resolven pastored by a Brazilian called Fortunato – another lovely bunch of people! After we spoke in this church, we were kindly given a monetary donation Also whilst here I was introduced to a Romanian Family from Sebis, a city nearby my city! Lovely getting together with them!From 5:30 pm we went to Connie's place for there was a fire work display for Guy Fawkes night.Around 7 pm I left to help a friend with his VAT paper work – this was indeed a long day, for I returned home real late!


Friday 6th November 2015,
At 10 am we were in Hirwaun Library getting started on our Card making projects! Many people had joined us during our stay in there, and it is always lovely to make new friends! Thank you so much to Sheila, Claire and her friend Sarah who have been helping much. A special thank you to my new friend Sarah for her support of the Charity. She not only comes to help with the card making but she brings her own supply of materials! After the Library, we returned to the ministry house in Hirwaun and got started in making and packing shoe boxes!

We arrived home around 6 pm, and I was glad to be in touch with my niece Patricia who is now 14 years old and was enjoying a beautiful party at her home! Was glad I was able to be part of the celebrations, even if only online! I pray God’s hand of protection will be upon her always!!!






Saturday 7th November 2015,
Today was a quiet day at the house, I was able to talk to my family back home (more than normal) did Romanian cooking and cleaning around the house! Also managed to do some work on the computer! Once in a while, days like this are just much needed!
Late in the evening we had dinner at the house – Curry (Indian, my favourite)! After dinner I went out to a movie – BURNT and after the movie I played air hockey for the 1st time - and yes, I love it!



No comments: