Wednesday 18 November 2015

Journal for Wednesday 28th of October to Sunday 1st of November


Wednesday 28th October,
Whilst staying with Romanian friends it is normal to start the day with a strong cup of Romanian coffee followed by a traditional Romanian breakfast! But there is no fun enjoying a Romanian meal without my welsh friends, so the previous evening when I went shopping with Ema, I bought some eggplants and this morning I roasted them, so I could treat my friends to a Romanian eggplant salad! Anyone that wants to come for a taste is welcome! Shortly after we went out driving with Ema at the wheel - and around noon I dropped Ema off for work! At 12:45 pm I met with Irene, as we had a meeting at Merthyr Tydfill with Rainbow Printers. We met with 3 wonderful ladies who had not only filled shoe boxes but also collated lots of other much needed supplies. We had such a great time with them all - asking God to richly bless each one of them!!!
After this meeting was over, we returned back to Hirwaun and started working on the shoes boxes! With everyday that goes by, more and more of the boxes are being put together, and we are getting close to the day we will send them out! When we finished our work for the day we drove back to Sennybridge and I went to the Bible Study at Elim Church, Brecon! And I know now, that things don't just happen, they are all planned by Our Heavenly Father – I had to be there tonight for God wanted to speak to me! We had great teaching on Being in a right Spirit and also beautiful singing! So very thankful for another beautiful day!


Friday 30th October 2015,
If it is Friday morning and Irene and I are at Hirwaun Library, doing card making! I really do enjoy all the ministry work we do, and everything brings me much pleasure, and the card making is just the cherry on top of the cake for me!!! Thank you to all the volunteers who come to help and also the visitors who drop in for a cup of tea and a chat. More collecting shoe boxes and items to go to Romania in the afternoon. In the evening we had Romanian rice and chicken!


Saturday 31st October 2015,
Early today I left for Southsea with a good friend of mine, to see Andrea, one of my best friends from back home. She married Ionatan, a Romanian man two years ago, and shortly after they got married they came to live and work in UK. This year, at the end of February, they had Ezra, a baby boy – unfortunately he was diagnosed with Pura Syndrome – a syndrome discovered in 2014. They are both strong Christians and I was amazed to see what wonderful parents they are. My time with them has really charged my batteries to the fullest – I cannot describe in words the joy I had by spending this weekend with them!


Sunday 1st November 2015,











We started the day with a Romanian breakfast – and before going to church I had to say goodbye to my friend Andrea and her family as we were not going to see them after church! Our time was getting to an end and even thou
gh I had many hours of happiness with them, I was not ready to leave just yet – and of course the sadness took over me and I could not stop my heart cry out! I thought walking to church was gonna help....but it just got worse when I arrived to church! I was blessed by my 2 friends that were with me and covered me in love! I cannot thank God enough for all the wonderful things he is doing in my life! After church we had a walk around Southsea and also a bit of a shopping at a Romanian store! My other Romanian friend Anita invited us out for lunch at Wetherspoons, the restaurant she works at. Had a great meal and also great company!
Right after lunch we started our trip back to Wales, for we had to be in Victory church in Crickhowell by 6:30 pm. Pastor Jonathan and his church has made 23 shoe boxes for us! We so enjoyed the service but also meeting up with old friends whom I met on my 1st trip to Wales while we were at Ffald-y-Brenin Christian Retreat Centre. I'm so blessed to have made so many wonderful friends!


No comments: