Thursday 22 October 2015

Journal for Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th of October


Wednesday 14th October
Another day of putting shoe boxes together. I have a hard time putting in words the joy of making the shoe boxes – there is not many things that can equal that! Well maybe the joy that is on the faces of those who receive them!!!
At 6 pm we drove to Merthyr Tydfil to Wendy's home as she kindly got me and Irene tickets to a Concert (to raise funds for the local “Food Bank” for poor families). While at her home I managed to fix Wendy’s printer and update her computer. We had a lift to the concert in a minibus. This was an evening musical event with Cantorion Cyfarthfa (a Ladies Choir) and Dowlais Male Voice Choir held at an Anglican Church. The singing was beautiful and it was another amazing day!


Thursday 15th October
Today we had Jane Eason, a good friend of Irene's over for lunch. Jane is a Social Worker. We had a long chat and I learned so much about the differences between the Romanian and UK social systems.


From 7 pm we went to a Farmer’s Bible Study/Prayer monthly group at Bronydd Mawr Farm near Trecastle. We had such a blessed time there – lovely worship, beautiful speaker and an amazing crowd of people! I love the beauty in this country, and I love the people that are planted in my path – but even more I love the Creator of all there is under sun! He is the one that deserves all the praises!




No comments: