Saturday 13 June 2015

Journal for Saturday 30th to Tuesday the 2nd of June



Saturday 30th of May
Today was a long day – we took off in the morning to visit Connie and from there we went to Aberdare to do all the shopping for the next day party, and also to order a birthday cake! We went to Asda and did all that, and than come home and started baking! Today I was taught to make the TRIFLE – a welsh pudding! Had much fun helping Irene with the welsh dishes but also manage to do a few Romanian cakes! Once we were finished with baking, and wrapping presents, I started working on a personalised banner for Connie's 90th birthday! I gotta say that is was 4 am when I finally got to bed, but I would have done even more for I love Connie!


Sunday 31th of May




Well the BIG day has arrived! Today is Connie's 90th birthday! If I made it to bed early in the morning it doesn't mean that I was gonna sleep in, so I was up by 7 am and started working in putting together the last minute things that needed to get ready for the event coming up! Once all was in order, we drove at Connie's to help get her ready for the party – I did her hair, did her makeup and helped getting her dress. When she was finished we rushed to the reception place to help setting everything up! At 2 pm the guests started arriving in, and soon after Connie arrived there too! It was so sweet to see joy she had when she saw all of us in there! She blessed my heart! And the highlight of the day was to meet Irene's grandson, whom I heard a lot of, and I gotta say that he is the most handsome and sweet child ever! Another one of the highlights was Connie saying 'that she wished someone would have told her about the party :)' Our party finished around 4:30 pm, and there was much cleaning up to do afterwards! Around 5 pm, Mike and Wayne came to pick me up and drove me to a church in Merthyr Tydfil where Wayne got saved! I have to say I had a bit of a giggle when the Pastor asked the two of them to speak, but sure didn't giggle when the Pastor extended that invitation to me too! We all three shared our testimonies, and had such a blessed time in church and in the fellowship we had after church. And if at the begging of my trip I shared that I was not looking forward to driving, things have changed and now I take every opportunity I am given (sometimes even when I should not) – and since Mike was taking a long time talking, I told him I was going out and he gave me the keys from his mini truck – I couldn't resist this temptation and move the car in the parking lot (I guess the name Trouble suits me well sometimes?!)


Monday 1st of June




This morning we were working at home (and will admit that it was the best thing to do for the weather outside was awful)– we were on the computer for a while and then started preparing lunch for our dear friends Jen & Bill! They are so very dear to me and I shall miss their company upon my return to Romania! We had a lovely lunch and around 2:30 pm we went to the residential home Connie is in to go and do an Old Time Music Hall Sing Along for her and all the others in the home! Jen played the keyboard and with her voice, she did an amazing job! As the songs were oldies, most of the people in the care knew them and were able to join in singing – I gotta say that this was one of the best days I had at this care home for I was able to see how they all come to life! We finished our Sing along day with the national welsh anthem and a few hymns! Gotta say we all had a blast! After we left the care home we all came home and had a crackers and cheese dinner! We spend the rest of the evening chatting and sharing our ministry with our beautiful friends!



Tuesday 2nd of June
I took this day to fast and pray – and spend more time in reading God's word! It is amazing how God gives you answers to question when you spend time in talking to him! And today he spoke to me, and some things become very clear, while others I still don't understand – but I have decided to put my trust in Him and have Him guide my every step! And knowing that He is in control over my life does bring me the peace I need! With God all things are possible!
In the afternoon we went to do grocery shopping for the bake sale from the next day! And as soon as we arrived home we got started on baking – I really enjoy spending time in the kitchen baking and cooking! When all the cakes were in the oven I took time to work at some slides for the presentation of the next day!





No comments: