Saturday 13 June 2015

Journal for Wednesday 3rd to Friday 5th of June


Wednesday 3rd of June

This morning, we left the house around 9 am for he had to stop by the house in Hirwaun and get a few more things with us for the Charity fund raising event! The was held at Wendy's home, started at 10 am, and was supposed to be a drop in from 10 am to 4 pm, but I tell you we didn't leave her house till after 8 pm! We had quite a few of thing going on – we had a presentation on Reaching Romania, a guess the name of the teddy bear competition, guess the weight of the cake and cake sale! All those were done to help raise support for the Charity! We had much fun and laughter! This day I had the blessing to meet a lot of lovely ladies that came to hear about the work Irene & Wayne are doing in Romania and to meet up with me! All the ladies were super sweet but I have to say that there was one that touched my heart in a very special way!
This lady's name was Betty and she was 96 years old, but there was something so special about her! I had so much fun sitting and talking to her, and felt I had so much to learn because of her vast life experience! I pray God will bless her and keep her in good health, and give me another opportunity to meet with her before I leave! Special thanks to Wendy for today – not only that she opened her house to us, but also has been a wonderful host that took so good care of us! Asking God to richly bless her and every other lady that came to meet with us that day!


Thursday 4th of June
In the morning we had another meeting with the web designer over the new website! Things are moving on, I believe soon we will have the web going! After the meeting we went to see Connie and took her out for it was a wonderful day! We went at the Promenade and had a good time chatting over a cup of tea! I truly cherish every day God gives me with her and I pray there will be many more time in the future as well!
Before we returned home, we went to do some grocery shopping for this evening we were having a Romanian evening at the house! So soon after I got home, I started cooking and baking AGAIN! Around 7:30 pm our guests started arriving! I served them vegetable soup, mash potatoes with sesame chicken and salad, and apple cake for pudding! After the meal, we had a great time talking about the ministry and Romania. I praise God for we had another great evening! With every day that goes by I fell more and more blessed – I am gonna have a hard time returning home :(


Friday 5th of June
Today we went back to the Library in Hirwaun to meet with the lovely group of Knitters – and just like the first time, have engaged in conversations and was hard to leave in the end! They are so devoted in what they do, for they knit without even looking at what they are doing – knitting to me it somehow like 'chinese language'! One of the beautiful ladies from the group gave me an OWL (and that happens to be one of my favourites) that she has knitted by hand!
From there we drove to pick up Jen, and around 3 pm went together in Aberdare to do some shopping's – and yes we like shopping!
We love doing ministry together, we love cooking/baking, having guests but we are ladies and we love shopping! In the evening we went to Jen's and Bill’s home and had a lovely dinner with them! Bill has prepared a wonderful Irish starter and Jen made delicious Shepherd's pie and Madeleines for dessert! Jen also made me the most delicious cappuccino ever!!! Beside dinner, we had a great time talking about ministry work and just enjoying the time we had together! Thank you God for great friends!


No comments: