Tuesday 2 June 2015

Journal for Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th of May

Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th of May   
Around 3 pm I left Arad, and drove down to Timisoara airport together with my father, my nephew Marc, niece Patricia and Octi. After I said goodbye to my family, I checked in and here I was ready to take off! My flight to London Luton was good and I was able to make some new friends on my way here. I landed in London Luton and had a bit over 3 hours lay over, and later took the National Express coach, change in Heathrow and next was Port Talbot. I made to Port Talbot 27 minutes earlier – and I gotta say that my heart stooped for a minute after getting out of the coach and realising that it was 3:55 am, and I was alone in a bus station! Immediately I started praying Gods protection over me, and I have not even finished praying that I saw a car pulling in – YES there they were - Irene and Wayne! There have arrived 20 minutes earlier – praise God!!! The 50 minutes trip to their home was not enough to finish our talks and it was past 7 am when we went to bed :) Three hours later had a lovely breakfast cooked by Wayne, and off we go ...and what is best for getting to know the culture of a country you come to, than to attend a funeral!!? This being said I can move on to the Tea Party afterwards – of my how much food I was introduced to, and of course I was introduced to the English tea! Soon after the Tea Party I went to see Connie, Irene's mother! I have heard much of her and was so happy that I had this opportunity to get to know her! She is such a happy person and I love spending time with her! During my stay here Connie will turn 90, and I will be part of her birthday party – so excited!!!

Friday 15th of May
Friday morning I was again welcomed into the kitchen to a lovely breakfast cooked by Wayne – what a great cook! Soon after I went and did some work with Irene on the computer getting ready document for the meeting to follow! Later we prepare dinner and made some welsh cakes to take with us in the evening and have for the next morning meeting! In the afternoon Christine Woods, a trustee of the charity arrived all the way from Norwich in Norfolk to be with us for the weekend! In the evening we had a Charity meeting and there I had the pleasure to meet Ema and Mihai, a wonderful Romanian couple that lives in Merthyr Tydfil and supports Irene in her ministry!

Saturday 16th of May
We started the day with the AGM (annual general meeting) at the Library in Hirwaun, where we have looked back over the year that has passed and also got to vote in 2 new trustees! After the meeting finished, we went out for lunch at Fish and Chip Shop, the most famous restaurant in Hirwaun! I am not a fish lover but gotta say that this was great – I could do it again any day! After this beautiful lunch, we went to see the 'shoe boxes' ministry at the house in Hirwaun – oh man was I amazed at the work that goes on behind the curtain! Irene and Wayne have done so much work and have put themselves into this ministry 100%, not to mention their house and cars that are constantly full of stuff to go to Romania! Asking God to richly bless them and their servants hearts – and raise our people to support them as this is SO MUCH WORK! On our way back we call in to see Connie!

No comments: