Saturday 13 June 2015

Journal for Saturday 6th to Monday 8th of June

Saturday 6th of June
Today I spent the entire day at the house in Hirwaun, painting along side Wayne! I have to mention that Wayne is one of a kind – I have never meet anyone like him! No matter what he does, whether he drives, cook's, or works, he is always praising the Lord!
He is such a faithful person, and I have learned much from him during my stay in Wales! I sure pray that I was able to be as much of a blessing to him as he was to me! Not to mention the care he took of me while working – he not only fed me well but kept bringing me tea and chocolates – bless his heart! He and Irene have spoiled me while with them, and they are not the only ones – I am sure gonna miss that!


Sunday 7th of June
I should start by writing how I plan today, before I tell you how it actually happened! We were supposed to go to a church in Abercwmboi but when we arrived there the church was closed! After church we were supposed to meet with Wayne, have lunch together and then I planned to go on a hike to Penyfan mountain (highest in South Wales) on my own! In the evening we were gonna go to Jonathan's church in Crickhowell. And this is how today happened...We end up going to Park Baptist church in Merthyr – and yes this church was on my heart because in there I knew some of the ladies that came to the fund raising event at Wendy’s house, and also because this was the church Debbie
(friend of Irene and Wayne) was going to, and she I so wanted to meet! I was very excited to know I will get to see some of the people I have already met and also get to know some new ones! Not only have I enjoyed the sermon - Pastor Andy had an uplifting message, and spoke straight to my heart, but I also really enjoyed the worship time. During his preaching he mentioned that his church does ministry work in Romania, and I was so pleased to have a chat with him in the end! After church we went to Wendy's for a cup of tea and from here on we went to a local restaurant for a nice lunch!
Debbie came along and I had such a great time getting to know her! After lunch Debbie offered to take me to a park and a Castle near by, and I have taken this opportunity, and I'm not sorry I have! Debbie is such a joy to know and I now see why I was so looking forward to get to know her! We end up going to the same church in the evening for we both (Irene and I) felt like that was what we were supposed to do! If there was one person I have not got to see in church in the morning, that was my good friend Betty! So I was determined to see her again before I leave to go back to Romania! I got her address from Wendy and stopped at her house right before church to see if she can make it to church – my heart rejoiced with joy when I saw her again, and I was so blessed to sit by her in church, hold hands and love her! I was so happy for God gave me the other opportunity I asked for! Now, would I be rude if I asked God for another one!?!

After church we had a fellowship time over a cup of tea and some cakes! Shortly after, I drove Betty back to her home, and my heart ached when I had to say goodbye : ( We made home around 9 pm and shorty after, Mike and Wayne stopped by and had dinner with us! As always, we chatted until quite late! Mike and Wayne have become very dear to me and I have started to get use to have them around all the time! Thank you God for the gift of good friends!


Monday 8th of June
Today we left early in the morning for Hirwaun and got started on the shoe boxes! At the house we had Elizabeth Peters, a friend of Irene and Wayne who came to help make the baby shoe boxes – such a sweet lady! Today I have been a bit sad but I tried not to let this take away from me the joy of filling the shoe boxes for my ministry! It is a great feeling to personally know the children you put together the box for – not only that you know what it is that that child likes but also you can pray while you fill the box!
 I am thankful that God has allowed me to be part of this ministry! And now I so look forward to Christmas time, (not that I'm ready to leave Wales) but I look forward to the delivery day, when I get to see the joy on the children faces! Oh happy day, what a happy day!

No comments: