Sunday 18 August 2013

Church services, Vinga babies & news of prison ministry

 I have been truly blessed with 2 Church services today.  This morning I went with Adina to Harvest Metanoie Church in Arad.  There were around 500 people present - the worship was awesome and the senior pastor spoke on Praise and Worship.  He always gives an excellent Word.  I left feeling really lifted and encouraged.    You will find this Church on the internet.

Then it was home for a delightful Luca lunch before being picked up by Jackie for the Vinga afternoon service.  It is always a blessing to be back among my brothers and sisters in Vinga and we enjoyed a great service - today Jackie gave a very challenging Word on Caleb.  Afterwards we visited some Church families in need in one of the poorer areas of the village.  There were 3 babies who required a supply of milk formula and pampers which I had purchased yesterday.

God plants many people in our path and yesterday whilst out with Adina I was introduced to a lovely lady called Daniella, who runs a prison ministry in Arad.  We often hear news of what foreign charities are doing in this country but there are too many Romanian Foundations who do incredible work in the name of Jesus.  Daniella has 6 volunteers who go into the womens' section of Arad prison daily to befriend, build relationships. do crafts, learn skills and give the ladies the gospel.  I was greatly inspired to hear of this incredible ministry and I hope we meet again.

No comments: