Wednesday 14 August 2013

Joy with the babies and city widows

Today Adina, Lynsey and myself spent 4 hours at the baby hospital providing volunteer care for the beautiful babies.  I was warmly greeted by various members of staff and it was a blessed morning spending value time with 2 babies aged 7 and 13 months. We left after they had dropped off to sleep following their midday feed.  Respecting their Data Protection Laws we are not allowed to supply pictures.
Zina seen with Adina.

Susana 
Then Adina and I went shopping for the Widows Mite food parcels for the Judet of Arad.  There  are 16 people currently on the programme in this State  with the rest being in 2 other states which Pastor Vlad takes responsibility for.  After making up all the food parcels we toured around the city distributing them.    I met Toni, widower of Maria Talpos for the first time since his dear wife of 68 years died in the spring.  He was wiping away the tears because he misses her so much and we prayed with him.  I also met the 2 new ladies on the programme, Susana and Zena.  Susannah was upset because her old fridge had broken down and Zena was crippled with arthritis and started crying when Adina gave her some photos she had taken of her.  I am away in the State of Timisoara for 2 days from tomorrow visiting widows in 4 remote villages with Pastor Vlad.  Hence there will be no more blogging until my return and I have access to a PC.
These poor people lead such lonely lives.  I will write up their stories in due course.    I am afraid I did not make the Bible Study at Jackie's tonight,  We came in late tired and I wanted to do an update on this

No comments: