Wednesday 21 August 2013

My last day in Romania

My precious time in Romania is coming to a close.  It is 1.30 am and I am packed and showered and I leave at 4.15am for the airport, courtesy of a lift from Pastor Jackie. I thank Christine and the Luca family for their hospitalility and support during the trip.

This morning was spent at the baby hospital with Lynsey- bathing, feeding changing and spending value play and cuddle time with 2 babies. and then sadly it was time to say goodbye to little M and D.  They are both so beautiful and have individual personalities with beautiful smiles.  They were sleeping soundly as I left and I prayed God's blessing and protection over their lives because I may never see them again.  There is now a team of 7 volunteers (including myself and Christine when we are in Romania) who go into the hospital from 9 am to 1pm Monday to Friday and today we signed our official contracts following satisfactory medical tests and training.

After leaving the hospital Jackie and I met with a Romanian girl, M who many years ago lived with me for 3 months.  She is still being supported by Jackie's ministry and is currently doing child minding work so she brought along the little 2 year old and we had lunch together in a little self service cafe.  Later I took a short nap at Jackie's house before joining Jackie and fellow foreign missionaries for a Bible Study on Jonah  and Prayer Meeting.  This is an oppressive country and the work is very challenging which is why it is so important that missionaries regularly meet to encourage and hold each other up in prayer.  Im afraid I arrived home late to start organising my departure.

A big thank you to everyone for all the support I have received this trip.  In some ways it has been a time of discovery in what God has been showing me.  Always sad to say goodbye but I will be back in December, hopefully with my dear husband, who has been a tower of strength in the way he has been sending through encouraging scriptures by text.

No comments: