Tuesday 7 December 2010

Resolving my spectacles problem!!!!

The weather is much milder today and it is raining.   Yesterday I managed to leave my spectacles at the home of one of our dear elderly ladies in the Judet of Timisoara and there was no way we could return to collect them due to the distance involved.  My eyesight is quite poor and my last eye test and purchase of specs took place in Arad 5 years ago when I was living out here.  They are far cheaper than in Wales but somehow getting another eye test did not seem a priority in my life.  However yesterday's events changed all that and so early this morning I visited the local optician (the one I had used last time).  He was keen for my business and promptly offered to test my eyes.  I quickly chose some basic frames and Praise God my "progressive" spectacles minus the tinted glass (to reduce the cost)  will be ready in a week.   What service - I was in and out in 20 minutes! In the meantime to enable me to read and do these blogs I have borrowed a cheapy pair of reading glasses!!

No comments: