Sunday 11 January 2015

Journal Day 12 - Sunday 14th December - The Lord's Day

Paste-1 (Medium)It is His Day and we will rejoice in it.  This morning Adina and I are off to Metanoie Harvest Baptist Church in the city where we meet up with fellow British missionaries, Mark, Matthew and Callum.  I love this Church's Praise and Worship and the solid teaching.  It is Church at its best with wonderful hospitality and fellowship -  refreshments are available prior to and after the meetings.  There are programmes for all ages and a shop to raise funds.   There are now so many members that 2 services are held on a Sunday morning.  They currently have a rented building but there are plans to build a new large church on the outskirts of the city.   My Romanian does not stretch to understanding all the sermons and translation via headphones are available so nothing is missed.  For any of you who are interested in knowing more about this church, they have a wonderful website where you can download their services .   Once the Praise started the spirit dropped.  The Senior Pastor was today talking about the Parable of the Talents.

Home to a delicious lunch at the Lucas before leaving again for Vinga Church with Jackie and family.  We had a great service there too.  I was able to share a little about how God is working in our lives and Jackie lit the Advent Candle of Joy and spoke on the subject.  My dear husband immediately came to mind because he always maintains his joy even through trials and he teaches me so much through it.

After arriving home I received an uplifting call from my husband who had a clear vision of my dad, who died 40 years ago, up in heaven clapping his hands with joy and throwing his hat up in the air.  My dad never sang but clapped his hands to hymns and  always wore a trilby hat - what joy filled my heart!!!     Great news from Wales also that more funds are available and being electronically dispatched for winter wood for the widows.  It is so important that we do  all we can to ensure that everyone who is in need receives help.

No comments: