Tuesday 13 January 2015

Journal Day 18 - Saturday 20th December - SNM Programme & Thanks for my Hubbie!


My time in Romania is drawing to a close and I thank God for giving me strength for the trip.  My eyes are much better and I have overcome the chest infection and earache.  Wayne and I are a double act and I have missed him on this trip.  However, thanks to my £6  mobile phone deal here I have been able to speak to him nightly and we have been able to catch up, encourage each other and make funding decisions together.  He always encourages me with scriptures via texts throughout the day.  Everyone has been praying for his health - unfortunately he has had a really bad bout of shingles which came at a time when he had to care for both his parents following his dad's knee replacement operation.    Giving thanks that we have a Heavenly Father who is our provision in all circumstances.  We are looking forward to being reunited for Christmas.

I have an eye for a bargain but Adina is the most amazing person when it comes to stretching money. This afternoon is the SNM Programme and gift distribution.  In the last few months Marius has needed to buy 2 new guitars and a key board for the music school so this Christmas our funds cannot extend to our usual treat of Pizza so we are doing hot dogs and cookies instead.  Kaufland is the cheapest place for the 150 rolls required and Adina has links for the sausages (which she donates) so all we need is mustard and ketchup plus trays of cookies from the market.  There was sufficient pop left over from Mocrea celebration..

We had a great mixed programme this afternoon  starting with carols.  Then followed the most amazing Music competition with 4 judges including me.  There were so many contestants - guitarists, people singing with guitars, keyboard and mandelin players, individual singers, groups, people doing recitations.  What competition! - it was a really hard job to decide the winners because they all deserved prizes.  I had brought over a selection of prizes from Wales.  The refreshments went down well - thanks to a lovely Lady called Elena and Pastor Jackie's grandaughter, Sarah who helped me put the hot dogs together.    Lots of excitement at gift box distribution - we provided boxes also for the team at this Club, for the Vinga Programme and the Baby Ministry which Lynsey leads.    It was hard to say goodbyes until my next visit.

After leaving the Club I was able to pop in on my good friend, Nina (seen here with her youngest daughter, Rebecca).   Nina is a remarkable woman with 10 children and she cared for her blind mum with cancer who died earlier in the year. .   We had formed a great friendship after working together at the old SNM school where she was the Teacher and I gave English lessons plus we did the cookery classes  together.   Wayne had also spent much time at the school and club building a kitchen.We were able to fly Nina over to Wales for our wedding almost 8 years ago.   Nina who suffered with health problems for many years is now feeling much better and is at peace with herself - most of her children are now grown up and working.    It was a joy to spend some value time catching up on old times and getting updates on the children.



No comments: