Sunday 11 January 2015

Journal Day 3 - My luggage has turned up!!

Rejoicing that my luggage turned up from Luton today which Adina kindly collected for me.  Busy day, sorting out some phone credit and changing money - excellent exchange rate at mo.  Met with Jackie and missionary friend, Hilary from Isle of Man who has served with her husband in Romania for many years.    Lots of catching up to do.

Its that time of year in Romania when all the women are spring cleaning for Christmas.  Woke up this morning to someone beating their mat outside the apartment.

Pastor Jackie also has a missionary from New Zealand called Edith staying with her who is helping around the ministries.  Edith and I caught a train out to Sofronea to sort out some more of the woollens which had arrived.  They are doing renovations to the station and you would not believe how far we had to run to the platform.  I have never ever sprinted so fast in my life and still Edith was ahead of me!!!  With a second to spare I negotiated the high climb onto the train - simply not possible for anyone with short legs or disabilities to board unless they are carried on!!!  Giving thanks for long legs and reasonable fitness!!     Back into town with Jackie later - feeling chesty -early night for me  - must get some raw ginger, honey and lemon down me tomorrow!.

No comments: