Tuesday 13 January 2015

Journal Day 19 - Sunday 21st December - Vinga Church Programme

Its hard to believe that this is the last day of my trip.  I have had a full schedule and time has passed so quickly.  This is the mildest December I have every spent in this country - which is good news for families who struggle to keep warm with the price of wood.    A little snow has fallen overnight -  just covering windscreens but the roads are wet.  It,s also a day of finalising my accounts and ensuring that all needs are covered.

This morning Adina and I again attended the Matenoie Baptist Church and met up with Jackie & the girls, plus all the other foreign missionaries I have mentioned in previous blogs.    The worship was wonderful and the Pastor linked the sermon to the end of communism 25 years ago when he was a serving solider.  It really touched me.  Edith, Pastor Jackie's missionary lodger from New Zealand joined us at the Luca apartment for a delicious lunch.  

We then travelled to Vinga for the Church Christmas Programme which was a delight.  There was an excellent attendance at Church and Spencer preached an inspiring sermon about the shepherds, part in the Christmas Story.  Sorry forgot my camera today so photos are from last weeks Church service.

On return to the city Jackie and I called in on M, a girl that she and I have been involved with for many years.  She is vulnerable and in need of support but can also be a challenging case.   M lived with me for 3 months during my first year of living in Romania and we will always have a bond.  It was a particularly difficult time of her life and she needed support.  Its Christmas and she is going to stay with her sister in a very poor part of Romania - we have gifts for her and she is sobbing.  This work is sometimes hard, emotional and there are people that can reach into hidden depths of your heart. Saying goodbye to M sobbing is one of those instances.  

No comments: