Saturday 1 December 2012

Among friends throughout the ministries

Up and about early having quiet time and later successfully downloading pictures onto my blog - Thank You Lord for overcoming the technical problems.  Also sorting out finance - the exchange rate is quite good.  Being Romanian and local, Adina knows where to find the best rates in the city and how to get the best mobile phone credit deals to see me through the trip. Then spent some time with the Lord before going with Jackie to a weekly prayer meeting at Vinga.   On board Jackie had her 2 grandaughters, and 2 of their friends who were going to San Nicolau Mic Music School followed by the Kids Club.

I was excited to see the newly extended premises there - doubling it in size - much more room to accommodate the children who come from far afield to learn keyboards, guitars and drums.  The lessons are free and an army of musicians is being raised up who go out to do programmes at other churches.  The Kids Club is also led by Marius who is truly anointed.  He has a faithful team who assist him.  These children are really been raised up in the Lord and it is such a blessing to see the love and joy of Jesus in them.

After dropping off the children Jackie & I proceeded to Vinga to the Church's weekly prayer meeting which was held in the home of one of the parishioners.  I was touched by the welcome I received and to see new members of the flock.  Everyone misses my hubby Wayne - I hope it will be possible for him to accompany me on the next trip.    It was a mixture of Praise and Prayer and I was encouraged to see many young people present.  I was able to share some testimony and we also prayed for our own Church in Wales and in particular the Saturday afternoon Street Ministry in Aberdare. We may be thousands of miles apart but we all serve one God and  can pray together as one family.  It was colder today and there were plenty of wet mud tracks in Vinga for Jackie to negotiate.  After the prayer meeting we dropped in with our friends, Leontin, Maria and her extended family who live next door to Jackie's newly extended Church - will write more on this tomorrow.  Maria was poorly with her diabetes which is not helped because she does not eat regularly.  Jackie & I prayed for her before we left.  We will be back tomorrow.


After picking up the children back in San Nicolau Mic we were treated to a meal out by Jackie - she had been blessed with a monetary gift by a former Missionary and so she blessed us with a treat.  I am tired tonight  and missing hubby Wayne - we always have a quiet Saturday evening in just relaxing.  I will ring him later.  

No comments: