Tuesday 4 December 2012

Shoe box distribution begins

I came in late afternoon feeling a bit groggy and so very tired.  I am not managing enough sleep and I just gave in and slept for an hour and a half.  After supper, my hosts and I took a 10 minute walk to the Midway Home where their daughter works.  Their grandchildren, Patricia and Mark were also there.  

The apartment accommodates 3 girls and the boyfriend of one of them also spends some considerable time there.  2 of them joined us at Mocrea today.  The other girl  R I had known since 2005 when I worked at her then Children's Home where she resided with her 2 sisters and a brother.  I used to visit regularly to give English tuition, do crafts and Bible Studies so we built up a great relationship.  R is now 20 years old and works in a clothing factory but she is also studying to be a hairdresser which is her dream and is doing well - this is where her heart is.  We give thanks for the Christian American Foundation that is making it possible for these girls to have a future after leaving Children's Homes.  I am respecting the girl's privacy by not placing close up pictures of them on this blog.  However, L, the boyfriend of one of them now lives independently so I am using a picture of him opening his box.

 Tonight I joined in with the children making Christmas Cards and later we presented them with their Christmas boxes - they were so excited.  I reminded that this was God's provision.   They responded by singing carols to their hearts content.  It was an evening full of love and warmth and we all prayed together before leaving at 10.30pm.  It was so refreshing to stroll home with the cold air on my face.  Well its time to hit the sack and see what God has in store for me tomorrow.

No comments: