Wednesday 12 December 2012

Sliding, scating or buried in snow where-ever we go

This is a blog about yesterday's activities and I have already written it once and lost it so here we go again.  Came in late last night and was simply too tired to start up the PC.

Woke up to more snow and the sound of shovels being scraped on the road and pavements outside.    Cars were being dug out of drifts.   I decided  I would utilise my time locally this morning and  visit 2 town widows who live fairly close in an apartment block.  So it was on with the boots, hat, scarf and gloves - I could not believe the depth of the snow and the icy pavements.  There is compacted ice under the new layer of snow.    Thought I would take a short cut across a dual carriageway and some tram lines to get to the supermarket.  Yes they now have Lidl's here set out in much the same way as back home. I sunk into the deep snow to get over the tram lines and began to think this was not a good idea should I get stuck and a tram came came down the line!! Anyway God took care of me. I was on the look out for some tasty cheese for the widows which is a luxury for them.

I always experience difficulty in getting through the door entry system into this block of flats so I prayed and suddenly someone came out.  I got into the lift and there was no light.  It was a matter of groping to find  the correct button to get me to the 6th floor. I eventually made it and first called on a lovely 77 year old lady called Vicuts who is confined to her small apartment due to osteoporosis and arthritus.  She also has heart problems and struggles with mobility.  She lives in a lot of pain but never complains and always has a smile and sense of humour.  She always encourages me with my Romanian which is not brilliant.  It must be the confidence she has in me because my Romanian always seems to improve as I walk in the door!!!  Vicuta is an Orthodox Christian and she fasts for advent but we shared some tasty rice and apple covered in a sauce.

She explained that her neighbour, Ecaterina, who is on the Widows Mite Programme is in hospital and so I will visit her there.   Please pray for her.

I was blessed by the visit - we will call later in the week with a Christmas food baskets for them both and gifts.  I returned home via the market to buy some salad items.  I have put on so... much weight since arriving !!  I feel like Billy Bunter and will be on a diet after Christmas!!!!



No comments: