Wednesday 5 December 2012

Mus Nicolai's visit

In some Eastern European Countries it is traditional to celebrate Mus Nicolai, often referred as the first Father Christmas.  He visits with a decorated stick and usually chocolates during the night of 5th December. At least 2 weeks before you will find lots of people on the street selling home made decorated sticks - there is always a beautiful variety.  Well surprise surprise I got a visit - at the foot of my bed settee this morning I found a beautiful stick in my shoe and a packet of chocolates!!!!!  Of course this coincided with a visit from Adina and her girls from the midway house who came around for supper here last night.  God Bless them all for being so thoughtful - I love you.

I am on a tight schedule on this trip with getting through all the programmes and the shoe box distributions which limits me in the amount of time I can spend with each project/ministry.  However, I have set aside 2 days to go out with Pastor Vlad visiting the widows (some new to the programme) in the State of Timisoara.       I am also desperately trying to find time to get to the baby hospital.  I will be back in the spring and summer to ensure that I visit people that I have had to miss this trip.  I pray that it will be possible for hubby, Wayne to accompany me.  He is much loved out here and everyone is asking when they are going to see him.

Time for breakfast - we have a long day ahead of us.  We are going on a long journey to the Maranata Children's Home in Hunedoara a few hours drive away, calling with some poor families on route.

No comments: