Saturday 8 December 2012

On route to the tram stop

People often ask me about the city of Arad which is our base.    I have shared some rural pictures and tonight I will share with you a few shots I took on  route to the tram stop this morning.  This city was my home for 2 and a half years and I loved it - still do.  It is a far cry from the Brecon Beacons National Park that I was used to living in with its beautiful mountains and scenary but to me it will always be very dear to me and my second home.

Every day on this trip is busy because of the Christmas programmes but I hope to find time to just wander around the city a bit and take a few pictures to share with you.   I pray that Wayne can join me on my next trip in the summer.  Without the huge timetable of Christmas we will have more time to spend around the projects which are so special to us and everyone misses Wayne.   I am desperately trying to get to the city hospital to spend time with the abandoned babies.  They had lost of attention last week because friends Kathleen and Jodie were here.  Lord - please find me a slot next week.

Note the man in a wheelchair begging on the side of the street.  I felt guilty this morning because I was running to catch a tram whereas normally I would stop and talk with him to try and find out a little more about his circumstances before giving him a little money.





Also this is a photo of our friends, Peter & Christine's house on the outskirts of the city.

No comments: