Sunday 11 December 2011

A blessed sabboth

Widow Rosa's Home
It was good to have a chat with Wayne last night to catch up on what is happening in Wales.  I email and text daily but only speak on a Saturday night due to the cost.  Exciting news that Wayne will soon be a grandad again and its's a little girl this time - I am so thrilled.  I told him I could do with him here -  I accidently sat on my one and only pair of glasses which are my lifeline - both lenses popped out and they are now somewhat crooked so Adina has supplied me with a cheap reading pair  to get me through rest of trip!! Hubby has repaired them more than once!!!

Another home in the
poor community of Vinga
Bit of a restless night - coughing a lot but I'm not complaining because I am feeling so much better in myself.  Before going to Church Adina and I stopped off to buy some incontinence pads for a patient on Jackie's Ward.  Bless her, she was 88 and had suffered a stroke,  The staff referred to her as a cabbage but Pastor Jackie despite her condition was rallying round and doing all she could.  She also had a raw bottom and Praise God I had some spare tubs of Sudacream from Wales so again we were able to help.  These people need to die with dignity and love.  We just do what Jesus would want us to do.  Pastor Jackie was in good spirits and when we left her she was still hoping to leave the hospital later in the day.
Cooking facilities

E who is very sick and her
husband live in just one room
Rosa with her pig who
lives in her hallway
Then it was off to Metanoie Baptist Church to soak up more Praise and Worship and further teaching on Godliness from Titus.  I do love the teaching of their Chief Pastor.  Home for a quick lunch - Mama Maria's cooking is ace! and then off to Vinga with Peter and T, God's wonderful success story from Mocrea. We all missed Pastor Jackie and prayed for her but we had an awesome service.  Lots of people shared Bible readings and husband and wife team, Leontin and Maria sung.  I lit the "Joy" advent candle and spoke on Psalm 139.  It's amazing how God works because prior to me speaking, Bogdan (our translator and
youth leader) got up and said that he wanted to read Psalm 139 which I was going to ask him to read!!!!  Don't you just love how God pulls everything together.

After the service we visited several widows in the village with their monthly food baskets.  This is a very poor community and I will let the pictures speak for themselves. My heart bleeds for some of these old people who struggle so hard to survive in the most difficult of circumstances.  I forgot to mention in earlier blogs that pensions were cut last year by 15%.

On arriving home Pastor Jackie rang - Praise God she was back home with her grandaughters taking things easy.

No comments: