Sunday 18 December 2011

Loaves and fishes provision!

I apologise for missing a day's blogging due to the internet being down.  Because we are so busy I am having to put on my thinking cap as I try and recap yesterday's activities.

Still surprising mild - I am down to my last few days and we are so....busy.  I could not get it all done without the Luca family.  I am not getting much sleep but am keeping up my strength due to their help and support. Mama Maria feeds me extremely well and Adina always goes the extra mile with regard to supporting the ministry work.

Saturday morning began as always with a list of everything I have to cram in during the day.    Danny's wife, Lavi arrived at 8.30 am to take me in the minibus to Sofronea - home of Jackie, where we went to pick up the last of the shoe boxes for distribution.  Lavi and I loaded everything in the back of the minibus in pouring rain.  Would you believe after all the distributions we will have around 180 boxes left - it has been loaves and fishes provision again.  With the boxes left over, we have been able to help 4 other worthy ministries that we are associated with.  

Then it was off to the city to meet Adina - lots of errands from ordering pizzas,  buying drinks, paper tissues and  cups, serviettes etc etc for the whole of the weekend programmes. Poor Adina was unwell due to lack of sleep to.   I also popped into a local Christian Bookstore and bought some 15 beautiful posters with bible verses for the Vinga Sunday School.  Alas they had no tracts which I wanted for Mocrea.  For the past few years they have supplied me with hundreds of tracts which I use around the various ministries and I always put them in the Vinga Christmas gift bags.  This year we have a Christian Show for them so they will have the gospel first hand - Praise God.

These pizzas are yummie!!
After loading up Adina and I were off to the San Nicolau Mic Kid's Club Programme.  This programme was a real joy as the children laid on a beautiful performance including carols.  During the year the children earn smiley faces for attendance and performance and so they were rewarded with a huge stall of gifts to choose from.  The highest pointed ones got first choice of what they wanted  from edible gifts to knitwear to stationery, toys, christian books, soft toys, book marks.    It was a brilliant idea and there was much excitement.  The team had purchased all the items and RR was able to give them a donation towards them.  I explained that as a Charity we would be happy to supply all the items next year.

Thank you June for our
stockings and chocolate bars
Then there was much excitement as the Pizza arrived.  We also served pop and gave out beautiful little hand knitted Christmas Stockings with chocolate bars inside, donated from a lovely lady called June from Aberdare.  They also received tangerines. Boxes of Belgium chocolates were also given to the team.  I love this ministry and shall miss them when I leave.  I hope to return in the summer and give them a treat like an outing.  We also contribute towards a summer camp for them.

My good friend Nina - mother to 9
After leaving the Club we popped over to see my friend Nina, whom I worked closely with during my time in Romania.  Nina has had a hard life bringing up 9 children and has not been in good health.  However, her condition is stable at present and her financial situation will soon change as she is claiming back some land from the State which was taken from her late father by the Communist Government.

 Then it was back to Kaufland for some more shopping for the Mocrea Christmas gifts. You would not believe just how much lifting and carrying there in to our first floor apartment which has been taken over with my stuff since I arrived.   As usual we came in late ready to crash out.

No comments: