Friday 16 December 2011

More Town Widows

This morning before leaving for Hunedoara, I sprinted to the optician to repair my glasses yet again (one of the lenses and the screw fell out whilst I was cleaning them!!! ) Praise God I can focus properly again.  I also ran up to the top floor of a building to a Christian Book Store to hopefully purchase a book of Bible Stories for the Vinga Sunday School whilst collecting a pile of tracts to include in the Mocrea Christmas bags - yet to be made up I add - much to do but with God's strength we will get there before I leave!!!!  Arriving at the book shop a bit breathless I found it was not open until 10 am - not to worry I need the exercise.  

Rebecca and Vacuta with her
Christmas Box
After the book store, and with a careful eye for moving trams Rebecca and I took a short cut across the tram line and crossed a main road to visit another 2 elderly ladies on the Widows Mite Project.  We took along their Christmas Boxes and slippers.  Sadly I caught them both in bed and I felt really guilty.  However we were warmly welcomed.    Don't know why but my Romanian is always at its best with Vacuta who is crippled with arthritis and lives in a lot of pain.  However she never complains and out came the cakes she had been baking whilst leaning against a wall for support.  Vacuta has not left her apartment on the 6th floor for many years.  Even though they are both in poor health we give thanks that Vacuta and Ecaterina are neighbours and support each other.   

No comments: