Monday 5 December 2011

Getting the balance right

Yipee Mus Nicolai has brought me a stick,
chocolate, money and fruit!!!
When coming to Romania I always  stay with the Luca family.  Its an amazing home where you can be yourself and relax.  The family has a real gift of hospitality with lots of humour where you get the balance right between serving and relaxing.

Tomorrow it is Mus Nicolai Day in Romania.  This is an old tradition celebrated in many Eastern European Countries.  Now Mus Nicolai is said to be the Brother of Mus Craciun (Father Christmas) and he visits during the night of 6th December.  The following morning you wake up to a  decorated stick and some gifts.  Some get their shoes filled up with fruit, chocolate and coins.
Ooch  Irene - our feet are killing us!!!!

Well when I got back in tonight, Ioan had put a traditional Mus Nicolai stick in my shoe plus some money and a bar of chocolate - how thoughtful!!!  Then we were talking around the table and I discovered that both Maria, Ioan and Adina had bad legs.  Ioan has an ulcerated leg, whilst Maria has a bad swelling and Adina dropped a saucepan lid on her big toe earlier!!!  What a family! - I told them I'm thinking of staying in bed tomorrow in case I fall down the stairs!!!

No comments: