Friday 9 December 2011

Thank you for prayers for Pastor Jackie

Sarah ready for action
Yesterday was an eventful day but giving thanks that God is in every situation - sorry too tired to blog last night - came in and just crashed out!!

Didn't manage much sleep previous night due to my cold and bad chest.  However after being up for several hours  I returned to bed at 6.30 am. I was awoken by Adina just after 8 (so late for me)to say that Jackie had had an accident and was on her way to the hospital by ambulance.  She had taken her grandaughters to school and had fallen over a spiky piece of metal on which the children in the yard scrape their shoes  when they are muddy.  She had a deep wound and tear in the top of her foot and she fell into a stair rail and cracked her breast bone..  All this was coupled with the injury she already had to her shoulder from a bad fall on Sunday morning.  Because she takes medication to thin her blood the wound bled a lot but she
Supportive sister Elizabeth
managed to control it until the ambulance arrived.     Adina and I immediately made our way to the hospital where Jackie was in considerable pain from her injuries.. Although conditions are not what they should be there, we were impressed that she was attended to so quickly with all the necessary xrays.  Eventually after numbing and stitching her foot she was given pain relief.    Due to the bad break of the breast bone she was told she would have to stay in hospital at least until next week.

We  seem to be under spiritual attack health wise - first Jackie then Peter Grover,  Bogdan, the youth leader and Vlad the Baptist Pastor who helps run the Widows Mite Project in Timisoara, me with my bad chest and of course Adina has car problems!!  We pray in the mighty name of Jesus that the enemy will flee!!!  We have such a busy schedule but we WILL get through it and bring Christmas joy!!!!!

After leaving Jackie at the hospital Adina and I went to a new shopping mall in the city (these seem so out of place here!!) where Jackie's grandaughter, Sarah was performing in a dance routine with her school friends. She later sang a solo and won the competition!!!  They are a real blessing and Jackie was so upset to have missed it.  Then we were out getting Jackie's prescriptions and some "over the counter" antibiotics for my throat!!! I am dosing myself up with everything possible to shift this infection!!!  Then off to deliver some Widows Mite Food Parcels in the  city.  We will have to spend more time with them when delivering their Christmas shoe  boxes.  I am definately not complaining when I see their health problems!!

 By 1 pm we were off to Sofronea to wait for the huge assigment of shoeboxes and other items from Wales  which I will write about in my next blog.  

No comments: