Saturday 3 December 2011

First Shoe Box distribution at San Nicolau Mic Community Centre

Carol Singing at the Kids Club
Another eventful day but surprisingly much milder weather wise.  I was rather weary this morning - too many late nights but I am sleeping like a baby!!! It is very hot in the apartment -   one of the disadvantages of living in a tower block is that the heating gets controlled centrally and so the temperature cannot be adjusted.  The first thing I do in the morning is to open my window.  



Leader and Teacher - Marius
After catching up a bit on my Charity admin this morning it was off to San Nicolau Mic for the Kids Club.  Such a blessing to be back among these children and Marius, the leader and his team.  They were busy rehearsing for Christmas and we all joined in with the carols.  There is always much joy at the Club - I have a great deal of affection and respect for Marius whom I consider as a valued friend.  He is such a humble quietly spoken man who is an anointed leader and a gifted music teacher.  He is raising up an army of musicians also at his Music Club including Elizabeth, Pastor Jackie's grandaughter.   I brought greetings in the name of Jesus from Wayne and our Church in Wales.
Joy at receiving their Christmas Gifts

After a feast of cake, tangerines and coca cola,  Peter and Christine distributed the boxes to all the excited children present. Christine also handed Marius a donation from Hainford School in Norwich (who had supplied the boxes) enabling him to purchase essential  supplies for the clubs.

No comments: