Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas Programme at the Detention Centre

Yesterday afternoon Adina and I were invited to the Detention Centre to share in their Christmas Programme. Sadly Bogdan was sick and indisposed.  There were many guests including the Director of the Child Protection in Arad and there were TV cameras present.  It was a varied and  incredible programme which made me very emotional when I saw the children perform.  Firstly it was the turn of the children from the centre itself to perform their Christian poems and carols - they were a delight.  Thank you God for bringing them out of their difficult environments and for having your hand on their lives.  Many of these children have  ended up at the centre via the courts and/or the Child Protection Department.  I have so enjoyed building a relationship with them - they are all beautiful gifts and I shall miss them.  I am hoping to pop over again the night before I leave.

The programme also consisted of other local schools coming in to perform additional items eg. there was a local music and drama school which including some Romanian dancing.  What a varied programme - we loved every minute of it and were invited to stay for refreshments but had to move on due to lack of time.  We respect the privacy of these children and abide by the rules of no cameras.

No comments: